Sunday 3 May 2015

Black Eyes & Cuts in The Studio


Black Eyes & Cuts

In today studio session I learnt how to create black eyes and cuts. I found this session really interesting and I feel that it has made me definitely want to continue special effects for year 2. This was my first time using latex, it was ok but didnt like the smell. 

  • Latex
  • Colour wheel
  • Foundation base
  • Sponges
  • Knife
  • Fake blood
  • Pus


Cuts

Firstly I applied the latex using a sponge, using a knife I gently made my slice affect to the latex to create the cut.
Then using cold air from the hair dryer I dried the latex. (It dries by itself but the hair dryer speeds the process)
Once dry I applied the models foundation base to match the latex with the skin.
Next I added fake blood and pus to the wound to make look realistic.



Black Eye

To create a black/bruised eye I used a Ben Nye colour wheel
Firstly I applied a base to my models face
Selecting a mixture of the purple tones in the colour wheel I used a spatula to gather some of the colours onto the back of my hand.
Using the tips of my finger I tapped the colour around the eye area, where people tend to get black eyes
I then blended it in until it gave a natural effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment