Sunday 3 May 2015

Death Mask


Today in Sharon's lesson we learnt and had to recreate a death mask.

A death mask is a historical way of remembering a loved one who has passed. The makers would use wax or plaster craft to make a mask of the dead persons face, this could be used as a memento, or to create portraits after the persons passing.

Many countries use death masks including Ancient Egypt, where Tutankhamun has one of the worlds most famous masks.

The face of the CPR dummy used in first aid is the face of Resusci Anne also known as Rescue Anne, is the face of a young unidentified woman who was found drowned in River Seine around 1880.
http://media.wnyc.org/media/photologue/photos/inconnue_resusci_anne.jpg

http://em.pgpic.com/images/vm/Asmund_Laerdal_with_the_Resusci_Anne.jpg

So of course I was given the task to create a death mask on myself. For this I used my Supracolor and Eye shadow palette, along with make up sponges and a powder brush.

Initially I was really happy with my death mask, but unfortunately I lost the images in my phone. I recreated my death mask in my own time.
















No comments:

Post a Comment